Friday, February 24, 2012

Mini Bolts of Fabric

I'd thought I'd do a quick entry about my fabric storage.  The projects I do are usually quite small, therefore, I don't buy large quantities of fabric at a time.  Instead, I buy little fat quarters here and there and if I don't keep them all together I end up finding them everywhere!  So I did some digging on the internet and found the perfect solution from The Little Green Bean blog.  Here is the link:
http://maluukkonen.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-addiction.html
She uses little foam board pieces and wraps her fabrics around them to create mini bolts of fabric.
Here is how my mini fabric bolt project turned out.
I keep the mini bolts in an old photo storage box in one of my craft drawers.

Here is what the mini bolts look like.  It's so much easier to keep my little bits of fabric organized now that I've done this.  At a glance, I can see what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment