Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Busy Quilting

Few things beat sitting out on the deck, overlooking my little flower garden, and stitching, whether it be embroidery stitching or quilt stitching.  Luckily, there have been a few nice evenings to do just that.

I'm coming along quite nicely on my Dresden Plate quilt.  For my birthday I treated myself to some fabrics from Quiltin' Gals, a website from Texas that is AWESOME. http://www.quiltingals.com/ They were having a wonderful sale.  I picked up 1/2 yards of fabrics for just a few cents more than what I pay for a 1/4 yard here in town.  But, so as not to leave my favorite local quilt shop out of my birthday treating, I bought a few 1/4 yards there too.  I really can see how collecting quilting fabric can become a sickness  hobby.  I'm learning that if you LOVE a fabric, you'd better buy some, because only too soon, it may be retired forever.

Darlene Zimmerman's fabric designs are fast becoming some of my favorites.
These are not ALL Darlene Zimmerman fabrics, but some of them are.

First, these are the fabrics I ordered from Quiltin' Gals.
 
 
Here is a close up of the little animal print with its pigs, birds and ducks.
 
 
And then there were these quarters that I picked up at our local quilting Bernina shop.
 

The pink one at the bottom is my favorite one of these four.
 
 
That's all for today, until another time, have a happy stitching day!



No comments:

Post a Comment