Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent and Playlist is Working

The playlist is working!  It was a case of Occam's razor, I was making things more difficult than needed, while the solution was so simple and right in front of me!  The playlist joins the blog just in time for the season of Advent, so I've included Mannheim Steamroller's version of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel", one of my favorite Advent hymns.
Yestarday, I dug out my quilling supplies and created a couple of snowflakes.  It was a relaxing way to spend a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.  I will experiment with more patterns this week.  There are some beautiful and intricate patterns on the web, but I hate to copy them, so I just start with something basic and use my imagination as I go. 
Just a bit of history on quilling from Wikipedia:  "During the Renaissance, French and Italian nuns and monks used quilling to decorate book covers and religious items.  The paper most commonly used was strips of paper trimmed from the gilded edges of books."

No comments:

Post a Comment