Saturday, November 26, 2011

Embroidery Projects Finished

Well, I thought it would be nice to share a playlist of my favorite songs to softly play in the background of my blog, but I cannot seem to get one to work.  Oh well, blogging goes on! 
I'm in one of those "in-between projects" moods.  I haven't anything new to start and therefore my days have been an open canvas.  Choosing a new project really shouldn't be that hard!  Maybe that's why I used to leave so many projects undone.  It was so much easier to jump from one project to another.  Like a slower, creative form of ADD. 
So, maybe I'll post a few of my embroidery projects most recently completed. 
This is the Hello Kitty towel I made for a friend of mine for Christmas.  It was so much fun to make.  I didn't have an iron-on transfer for Hello Kitty so I traced her using a Pilot "friXion' pen.  It traced onto a towel and the ink disappears when ironed!  Love that pen!  I've been experimenting with different ways to use the embroidery floss to fill larger spaces and this time tried french knots.  Hundreds of tiny french knots that actually didn't take as long as I thought it would.  Her bow is mostly satin stitched. 
The cabin was just plain fun :)  I wish I had taken more time to fill-in some of the details such as shingles on the roof and some of the pebbles.  But I got lucky when I found the material at the bottom at the local quilting shop. It matched the threads pretty well.  Someday I'll have a little cabin in the woods by a lake where I can hike, read, cook, craft and fish.  A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment