Friday, June 29, 2012

TUSAL Totally Useless Stitch-a-Long

Here is a fun new little thing to do while I stitch...A blog by the name of "It's Daffycat" has invited everyone to join her in a Totally Useless Stitch-a-long, and I think it's going to be fun! 
I've never joined or done anything like this before so I hope I do everything right.

Each stitcher finds a jar and keeps all of the little pieces of thread that they cut off of the ends of stitching, or other old ratty threads in the jar. 
Here is Daffycat's link to the page that explains it all.
http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2011/11/totally-useless-stitch-long.html?commentPage=2

I kept seeing all of these jars of thread on other stitching blogs and couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were.  After seeing my third or fourth one, I looked it up on Google.  Well now I know and have started one myself.  I'm a bit behind in collecting and am kicking myself for cleaning out my thread box last Monday night.  I threw away all of my ORT (old ratty threads) that had accumulated while stitching on vacation.  Into the garbage they went. 

Here is my jar.  I'm posting a bit past the June New Moon, but want to get it posted because I'm just so excited about it!

My pretty much empty jar of old ratty threads.  I'll get going on it ASAP!
The jar used to be a little sewing kit I had made with a pin cushion on the top.  It will work just fine for my ORTs. 

You know, it's kind of funny, for years my darling husband has tripped me up with using initials when it comes to his electronic gadgets:  DVD, PS3, 1280p.  Even movies are abbreviated.  BTTF (Back To The Future), LOTR (Lord of the Rings).  It kinda drives me crazy to have to ask what they mean.  BUT NOW, I have inital thingys of my own.  I'd like to watch him try and figure out what an ORT is or a TUSAL (Totally Usless stitch-a-long).  Ha ha.

Have a Happy Stiching Day!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the TUSAL, Jen! I have your link on the guest list now. Your jar is perfect and I look forward to seeing your updates.

    It is funny how different groups of people come up with their own acronyms. Being a stitcher, you have quite a few...WIP, UFO, LNS, HD, and if you really want to confound him you can talk about having SEX!

    ReplyDelete