Monday, June 25, 2012

Dresden Update and June Has Been Busy

Late May into June has been crazy busy for me.  My school agers are back in daycare so my days are filled with keeping them as busy as possible. 

These past couple of months with their warmer temperatures and good road conditions have allowed me to travel.  After months of staying "close-to-home" because of snow and ice, it's been nice to get out and explore a little.  We've made a couple of trips out of town, had a wonderful picnic with good friends and family, went to Fort Union for a day and went on vacation to Eastern South Dakota.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  I have lots of catching up to do and I will post photos of our adventures as soon as I can find some time to blog.

Right around the last weekend in May I went back to my parent's place, this time to cut fabric with my mom.  Her friend Eileen, is a quilter and she offered me snippets of her reproduction 1930's feed sack fabrics, for my Dresden quilt!  How thoughtful of her!  It would've taken me years to accumulate all of the different styles and patterns she had in her stash.
What fun we had looking through all of her wonderful fabric.  I now have over 180 snippets of feed sack fabrics, just the right size for 3-5 Dresden petals each!  I can't wait to get started on my quilt. 
Mom and I cutting fabric on her kitchen table.
We kept the piles of my new snippets in little stacks, organized by color.
The beautiful pile of feed sack fabric that I got to bring home.  I had a huge smile on my face all week!

Thank you to my mom who helped to cute all of the pieces!  And a big thank you to Eileen, for sharing your treasure-trove of 1930's fabrics!  I've been busy making a little think you gift for your kindness.  Ya'll will see it when it's done.  AND I'll do my best to keep you posted on my quilt's progress.  I've had to put it all away for a while, but will get back to it as soon as I choose the backing material for the Dresden flowers.  I want a very soft backing material and am being quite picky about choosing it.  A trip downtown to Bernina might be needed to find just the right fabric.

I will blog again soon.  Until then...
Have a happy day!




No comments:

Post a Comment