Monday, November 5, 2012

Gene Autry Christmas Album? Yes, Please!

Saturday, I had to make a trip over to Walmart.  I'm not a fan of discount stores.  I'd much rather find what I need at the cute little shops downtown.  But, this is the real world...it isn't 1950, or Garrison ND, and the idea of finding everything we need downtown just doesn't always work here in the city...sometimes ya just gotta go to Walmart.  *sigh*
So, in an attempt to cheer myself up over the idea of having to be there, I decide to just peek at the cheezy, plastic, glittered Christmas ornaments.  I soon found myself in front of a large bin full of unorganized Christmas CDs strewn in all directions.  You know the type of bin...you have to dig for 5 minutes to find something recognizable?  Well, my persistence paid off because at the bottom of the bin I found this!!  And wouldn't you know it was the only one!
Gene Autry Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer and other Christmas Classics!  YeeHaw!
All of the songs are sung by Gene Autry and friends and all of the songs are from the late 40s, early 50s (1947-1953) with just a couple from 1956.  It will be a fun CD to listen too as the holidays approach.

Now, I know that it's not even Thanksgiving yet, and I am usually a stickler about not listening to any Christmas music until Thanksgiving is over, but I just have to share one little song.  This song is NOT on the album shown above but it is on Youtube and I like it very much!

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment