Thursday, November 15, 2012

Stitching Practice: Long and Short Stitch and Bullion Stitch

There is a new project hanging out in the train case. I've been practicing the long and short stitch and more of the bullion knot roses.  I'm using a little piece of scrap towel that I've been practicing a number of different stitches on.
 
The pattern came from Flickr Group Vintage Embroidery Pattern Pool.

Transfered onto the fabric using a Pilot FriXion pen that disappears with ironing.
 

 
And here is my progress so far.  This was one of my first "real" attempts at doing the long and short stitch and I really enjoy doing it, although I'm not very good at it yet.
To learn more about the long and short stitch check out Mary Corbet's Needle & Thread site.  She has a group of lessons all about creating the long and short stitch.  This site is amazing!  I was wishing for a place in town that might be giving embroidery classes but then I found Mary's site and it is like an embroidery class right on the computer!  And it's in the comfort of your own home so you don't have to drive out into the blowing snow and cold!  I can't wait to get started on learning how to create beautiful leaves and flower petals!

Until another day!
Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment