Monday, December 1, 2014

Vintage Christmas Ornaments

A few weeks ago, I spotted these at the local flea market.
 
 
I've seen so many vintage ornaments on other people's blogs, oodles of them!  And other people seem to find them so easily...boxes of them!  The old Shiny Brites seem to be a little harder to come by around here.  I rarely ever see them.  And, to be honest, these ornaments aren't even that old...they are reproductions, and definitely not Shiny Brites.  The box has a bar code!  If I had to guess I would say these are from the late 80's.  But, they LOOK old and so I will use them.  I'll take what I can get when it comes to vintage ornaments.
 

Below are all of the vintage ornaments I own now.  Maybe this year I can have my little vintage Christmas tree in the library room!

 
Here is a catalog page FULL of ornaments from 1957 (I think that's the right date).  Aren't they swell!?  I just love them!  (image found on Pinterest). 
 
 
And one last picture before I go.  Who wants a picture of a vintage Christmas tree!!?  I do I do!!
The tree below is full of 1950s-60s vintage goodness! (from Kitchy Living's blog and pinterest).
 
 
I've read that one couldn't put electric lights on an aluminum Christmas tree or it would burst into flames.  Apparently the consumer safety administration didn't exist back then?  So they had something that looked like a "light drum" that would spin, and the colored light would reflect off of the metal tree.  Pretty groovy huh?  This tree is actually a little too modern for me, (I still prefer green) but it is REALLY far out.
 
Well, that's all I have for today.  Until another time, have a shiny brite kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment