Tuesday, May 12, 2015

More Blackwork Stitching

Here are a few things I've been working on in what little spare time I have.  April was a crazy month and May isn't looking much better.  So, if I'm away from blogging for awhile it's only because I am supper busy with my job, stitching, gardening, rummage sales, and family life! 
But anyways, this is the blackwork I've been working on these past few months.  This first piece, I started way back in October of 2014.

I used a small element of a larger pattern from the book Blackwork Made Easy by Lesley Wilkins

Here it is turned on the diagonal...
And here it is turned to create more of a square look.
I was going to add a boarder around the edge or that ran through the flowers.  But, I made a really big mistake and will have to leave it just the way it is.  One of the larger flowers on the stem is one stitch too short!  Such a small mistake, but noticeable.
And, I finished the project show below.  It was a pattern I found on Pinterest. (I need to take a better photo of it someday).

That's all for now.  Until another time, have a happy stitching day!

No comments:

Post a Comment