Friday, February 5, 2016

Where We Stayed--Cabana Bay Resort Universal Studios Florida

I hadn't any time for blogging in January because WE TOOK A TRIP!  For Christmas this year, we gave our daughter a trip to the Harry Potter Celebration 2016 inside Universal Orlando.  She's a HP fan and she LOVED being a part of the celebration!
That means the next few blogs will be about our trip.
 
By the way, I am, in no way, getting paid to write about our stay at the Cabana Bay, I just love to share vintage stuff and I think this qualifies haha.
 
We stayed at the Cabana Bay Resort, on site at Universal.  But, the hotel was at least 4 or 5 miles from the actual amusement parks, so they use these really neat-o busses, that look like they are from the 60's, to take people back and forth.
 
 
 
 
The photo above was taken on our first night there, and it was a rainy, wet evening.  You can't really see it clearly but at the bottom the sign says "Color TV and Cold Air".
 
Above:  Many great souvenirs in the gift shop. 
 
Below:  Our "living room"
 
Casual seating near the lounge.
 
 
 
 
 The diner was very cool!  They played vintage commercials on the big screens and 50's-60's music.
 
There were also 2 cars sitting outside the diner.
 
 
A bowling alley upstairs!  But we didn't have time to play a game.
 
I took quite a few nighttime shots outside.  There are different sections, or wings, to the hotel, each with a different name:  Thunderbird, Continental, Americana, Starlight, and Castaway, which is where we stayed.
 
 
This place is HUGE! I scanned the little map they gave us at the front desk.
 
And one last thing that I thought was really a nice touch, these retro looking shampoo, conditioner, and soaps!  I kind of wish I had used one of the sets the maid left for us and then taken the bottles, but I forgot.
 
 
But, I did visit the gift shop and bought a keychain and small box of candies (I just want the box for souvenirs haha!)
 
The easiest way to show anyone how groovy this huge hotel is to show the movie I found on Youtube.  I didn't make this movie, but I give THANKS to those who did!  It's about 4 minutes long, but you see everything.  We were not able to see everything this hotel had to offer ourselves, because we were so busy running from park to park.
 
 
 
Well, that's all for today. But stay tuned because there is more to come.  I'll try to get some blogs written up ASAP while the trip is still fresh in my memory.  The next blogs will be about Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade.  Until then, have a happy, vintage day!

No comments:

Post a Comment