Thursday, January 21, 2016

Doodle Art

It's been awhile since I've sat down to draw.  There have been many other hobbies occupying my time.  BUT NOT ANYMORE!!  For about a month, I've been drawing and coloring again!
 
Unless you've been living in a cave this past year, you've probably noticed the wide array of coloring books for adults popping up in local bookstores, discount stores and even at the supermarket checkout, full of highly detailed drawings of mandalas, nature settings, geometric patterns and many other subjects.  They are so cool!  Years ago, my dream was to create a "coloring book" of sorts for grownups who LOVE to color, using my own mandalas and geometric patterns.

This is one of the drawings I did back in 2007, that I wanted to include in a coloring book.
 
I never did.  Mostly because I had no idea how to go about it...Do I self publish?  Do I sell them at the flea?  Are my drawings good enough?  How would I copyright my work?
 
Another drawing from 2007 that I actually started coloring myself.
 
At least now I know the idea wasn't totally crazy...people ARE buying adult coloring books.  Not just the books, but the colored pencils, and pens as well!  Why didn't I invest in Copic, Sanford or Crayola?
 
I bought this Secret Garden coloring book, by Johanna Basford, a couple years ago.  I decided to finally go ahead and color inside of it. 



It's crazy how relaxing it is to sit and color!  I put some Waltons on the TV and colored for almost an hour!


That's all for today, until another time, have a happy, colorful day!



 



 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment