Thursday, June 23, 2016

Ring of Tangle Cards

I've seen a few other Zentangle enthusiasts out there use a large ring to store reference cards upon for a quick and easy way to view their stash of tangles.
They look so cool!  I've decided to try it too, and have been working on my set for many weekends.
 
 
  To keep costs low, I created my own tags out of cardstock.  I made a handful of 2 x 2.5 cards, then used my old corner rounder to round the top two corners, then traced around a smaller square to make the "art area".  The alphabet letters got special attention as I colored the boarder of each one a different color. 


I found the alphabet ideas on pinterest and tried really hard not to make them exactly the same because I always feel bad when I copy exactly what someone else has done.
 
 
Finally, I laminated each one using crystal clear, sticky, shelf liner.  I laminate all kinds of things with this stuff!
 
 
Then, I punch a hole in the top of the card and put them on the ring.  I only have a few cards so far but I'm adding to the pile every couple of weeks.

 
 It's just nice to have a little stack of cards to flip through when I'm stumped as to what tangle to use on my next tile.
 
 
 
That's all for today, until another time, have a happy, creative day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment