Monday, January 23, 2017

The Caldecott Award

Well, there were 4 honor books...
Leave Me Alone Written and Illustrated by Vera Brosgol (which looks cute)
 
Freedom in Congo Square Written by Carole Boston Weatherford Illustrated by R. Gregory Christie
 
Du Is Tak? Written and Illustrated by Carson Ellis (if The Night Gardener didn't win, this was my second choice.)
 
They All Saw A Cat Written and Illustrated by Brendan Wenzel (Nice book!)
 
 
The WINNER of the Caldecott Medal for best Illustrated picture book of 2016 is...
 
Radiant Child Written and Illustrated by Javaka Steptoe.
 

 
I've never seen Radiant Child, but hope to see it soon. 
I'm a little disappointed that The Night Gardener didn't even get a nod, but I've learned through the years that what I like usually isn't what the committee likes.
Next year I will keep my eyes open a little better and be more active about getting to the library to see the new picture books as they are published!
 
Until another time, have a bright, creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment