Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Jell-O Chiffon Pie Strawberry Filling Box

On my most recent trip to Vintage City I found this adorable, PINK Jell-O box of Chiffon Pie filling.  I just love that they dot the "I"s with stars, don't you?  Imitation Strawberry flavor pie filling...I wonder what that tasted like.  I've heard it said that everything tasted better back then.
 

I'm not positive, but I'm dating the box anywhere between 1958 and 1962.
 

 
Here is an ad from my June 1958 Ladies Home Journal
 

 
I also spotted these little potholders that my daughter said were homely, but I think are darling.  Maybe some little girl was trying her hand at embroidery?  Maybe she sat for hours on her grandma's back porch practicing her blanket stitch while Grandma sat next to her and knitted, all the while keeping an eye on the little girl's stitching.  Who knows, but for the cost of a bottle of Coca-Cola, they are now mine to love.
 

 
This black velvet purse called out my name and it will be perfect for a night out on the town.
 
 
That's all for today!  Happy treasure hunting everyone and have a happy vintage day!

No comments:

Post a Comment