Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Caldecott Picks for 2013

It's December...and that means I'd better start thinking about my Caldecott picks for the year of 2012.  The winner and honorees will be announced on January 28th, 2013.  It's like my Academy Awards.

The first two books pictured below are the two books that I'd like to see win.  If the judges choose either one of these, I will be a happy camper.

Extra Yarn Written by Mac Barnett and Illustrated by Jon Klasssen
And/or The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore written and Illustrated by William Joyce.
I love this book!  Even if is doesn't win...the illustrations are top-notch in my book.


This year, I had a difficult time choosing a runner up.  But I do like the simplicity of  This Is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen.  It's kinda cute.


This year I'd like to see something with richer, thicker and more detailed illustrations win the Caldecott....a book so heavy with ink that it weighs 3 pounds....a book so detailed that each time I look at it I see something I hadn't noticed before!  The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore is just that kind of book!

We'll just have to wait and see.

Until another day,
Happy Reading Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment