Monday, December 31, 2012

Redwork

One of the things I'd like to learn more about in 2013 is redwork.  There are many websites online that teach about redwork, but I really like the site prettyimpressivestuff by Rissa Peace Root.  Rissa gives us a little background information on redwork embroidery, the best threads to use and tips and tricks. 

Last spring-into-summer I made some window valences for my kitchen with red gingham on the bottoms of each valence.  I made two cafe curtains, one for each side of the window above my kitchen sink.  I transferred some fruit motifs onto them using Aunt Martha iron-on transfer "Fanciful Fruits for Tea Towels" #3749.  I started embroidering them in red thread...so I figure this could be considered redwork.



It's a UFO (unfinished object) as I have just a little bit left to embroider on this curtain.  Oh, and one more whole curtain to embroider.  But you never know, I just might finish them this year! 

Happy Stitching Everyone!!

2 comments: