Monday, September 8, 2014

Flickertail Museum House

Come on in and have a seat at the kitchen table. 
 
 
I was just getting lunch ready and I hope you'll join me and the children.  I'll just grab some bread and peach sauce from the pantry...(Can you imagine this pantry below full of canned goods, flour, sugar, and jars of veggies and fruits that the lady of the house had put up for the winter?)
 
 
...And some leftover turkey bits for sandwiches from the icebox.
 
 
I'll put the baby in the high chair...
 
 
Thank goodness I did my baking yesterday while it was cool.  I baked this week's bread and a layer cake.  Today is a much warmer day so I won't be using the stove.  But there's a nice cross breeze between the windows.  
 
 
I'll send Edith out to the garden for some lettuce and tomatoes and we will have a nice salad with our turkey sandwiches.  Salt and Pepper?? Why, of course.  Charlie bought me these new little shakers in town just last month.

 
I'll just grab the dishes out of the cabinet and set the table.  (I love the four little drawers and figure there were probably napkins or silverware stored in them.)
 
 
It's time to holler out the window for the children to come in and wash up for dinner.
 
 
 
After dinner is over and the dishes are done, we can send the kids back outside then sit for a spell in the living room.  Maybe we can catch Big Sister on the radio, while I get some mending done.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  See you soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment