Friday, September 5, 2014

Abandoned Houses Are Cool

It's been a couple of weeks but we have been Busy Busy in our house.  School has started, I'm busy with the preschoolers and our family has been doing a bit of running here and there.
 
Our extended family had family pictures taken at an old abandoned house.  My In-laws know the owners and we were given permission to have a look around.  Here are just a few of the photos I snapped of the house.  I love abandoned houses and towns and enjoy photographing them when possible.  Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone camera handy for this house. We were able to walk through it with it's horribly damaged 1950s furniture, kitchen cupboards unattached and laying hap-hazard on the dining room floor.  Sad really.  The only thing that looked "okay" were the green bathroom fixtures and those are also beyond cleaning.
 
 


 
 
Off to the right of the living room there was a large bedroom and a bathroom beyond the bedroom. Off to the left of the living room was a beautiful sun room!  I'll bet this house was a beauty in it's day.
 
I really liked the wall paper in the bedroom.  I'm sure it was beautiful in it's day.
 
 
 Needless to say, I took a HOT shower after this shoot.  Uff da what a mess.  When I was standing there, I couldn't help but wonder why the place was left to go to ruins.  It had a nice concrete foundation, electricity, running water, etc.  Why was it abandoned in such a way.  And as always, I wondered where they put their Christmas tree. 
 
Until another time, have a happy, vintage day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment