Thursday, September 18, 2014

New Home Library

We have three bedrooms in our house.  One for daughter, a master bedroom, and one extra room.  A year or two ago our computer up and died, and husband replaced it with a teeny-tiny, Mini Mac that makes no noise and takes up very little space.  Now, every year for our anniversary husband gives me a children's picture book, but this year I just didn't have anymore shelf space for books.  So, he proposed moving the computer from the office in the spare bedroom to my "creative space" desk in the master bedroom, and turn the office into a library!
Ummm, let me think about this...YES!!  So now the creative space is office space (but I still get to keep creative odds and ends in most of the drawers and cupboards).
We went to Menards and bought tall book shelves, and husband put them together lickity-split!
 
 
The doll house is daughter's that we were given second hand.  She loves it and isn't quite ready to part with it yet, so it will stick around for a while.
  And I have to give a big shout out to my parents for taking our piano off our hands for awhile.  Thank you Mom and Dad!  Having the piano gone has freed up quite a bit of space.
 
 
The artwork above is a book.  Yes, I cut a book apart.  No Jumping On the Bed by Tedd Arnold is one of my all-time favorite children's books.  I found a paperback copy at a garage sale for 25 cents and seeing as how I already had 2 other copies, I decided to make some wall art.  Bought the frames at Hobby Lobby (used a 40% off coupon to save a little cash to put towards a temporary chair)
 

I found the chair above at Target for a reasonable price.  I call it a dorm chair because it looks like something a college student would have in a dorm room.  It is surprisingly comfortable and with a fleece blanket thrown over the top, it doesn't look too bad.
The little box underneath used to be a toy box.  It has a padded top and we store the daycare's board books inside.  It makes a nice foot stool.
 
 
I've been collecting Children's Book Week posters for the past few years and bought frames for all of them.  I wish the posters were the same size as the frames, but they'll have to do for now.
The daycare playpens have to stay in this room and that's fine.
 
 
We haven't done much with the shelf above yet.  It will store some craft items and maybe our library books.  That's my closet off to the right.
 
 
Here is a panoramic view of the whole room.
Since we did this mini-makeover, we use this room more than we ever have!  We may need another comfy chair because Daughter always beats me to the new one!  The kitty likes it too.
 
Someday...I dream of having a chair and table much like this, but, that's a ways down the road.  For now I am just so thankful for this new space! 
 
 
 
Well, that's all for today.  Until another time, have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment