Monday, October 26, 2015

Debbie Liquid Soap

One of the treasures I found at the October flea market was this 1959 can of Debbie Dish Soap! After a lot of digging, I have come up empty on any information about this stuff.  No vintage Ads, no ebay entries, nothing.  So that's kind of a bummer.

 
The lid is cracked and the very tippy-top of the lid comes off, but I don't mind.  However, the stuff inside, (yes, there is stuff inside...make your best icky face here) it smells HORRIBLE!!  It smells like a cross between a powerful disinfectant and some kind of rocket fuel the Jetsons might use.
 
 
I hated to do it, but I put a piece of scotch tape over the top of the lid to keep it from slipping off and infecting us all like some kind of bio-hazard.  I don't think the tape will hurt the lid.
 
 
After I gently wiped the can with a damp cloth, I placed it with its other detergent friends in the laundry room.
 
 
 It's Just a fun little can, with cute graphics and liquid inside that will burn your nose hairs clean off when sniffed.  Ah yes, life is good for this vintage gal.
Until another time, have a happy, vintage day!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment