Friday, December 1, 2017

Candy Cane Wreath Fail

This CUTE candy cane wreath popped up on my pinterest page recently. 


So I went to Target and picked myself up a large pack of Candy Canes.  Then I went to the craft store for a couple of plastic snowflakes (on clearance), I got out my trusty glue gun and went to work.
 
 
I had some ribbon from a previous craft.
It looked pretty cute when completed, and I hung it on my front door early Sunday morning. 
 
 
Unfortunately, a couple hours later, my husband heard a crash and said, "Uh-oh, I think your wreath fell."  Sure enough, there it was between the doors,  a sad little heap of red and white brokenness on the floor.  The hot glue wasn't enough to hold the weight of the candy canes.
Oh well.  It wasn't my first pinterest fail and probably won't be my last haha.  But the candy canes have been a yummy treat this week (especially in hot cocoa!)
 
That's all for today, until another time have a happy crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment