Monday, December 11, 2017

Catalog From Kenmare Museum

While visiting the Lake County Historical Museum in Kenmare a few summers ago (one of our favorite museums) I came across this old catalog from 1917-18 and found it to be quite interesting!  It is 100 years old!
 

Time to pick a pretty dress.  I like the blue dress.
 
 
Apparently, they were big on decorating their clothing with buttons, embroidery and lace back in 1917 and 1918.
 
 
Yes, much ornamentation on these blouses!  Beautiful, decorative buttons and lots of pretty embroidery embellishments! I wonder how many of those buttons ended up in button boxes.
 
 
 
Wish I had a coat like this today!  Look how nice and heavy they were!
 
 
Even their undergarments were decorated with embroidery and ruffles!
 
 
 
And sweet children's coats and hats...so adorable!
 
 
 
I wish I had taken more time to look at the catalog and had taken a few more photos.  I hope that someone from the museum will take the time to very carefully scan all of the pages inside to preserve the illustrations.  They are like a time capsule!
That's all for today.  Until another time, have a happy, vintage day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment