Sunday, June 10, 2018

Capper's Farmer Magazine June 1947

Here are some high-lights from my Capper's Farmer Magazine from June of 1947.  It's hard to imagine that my parents were just new babies about the time this rolled off the presses!
I wonder if any of my grandparents subscribed to this magazine.

 
Here is a nice farm implement ad.
 
 
I found the snippet below to be quite interesting.  Now a days, a gas or electrical company could possibly call to have your "unruly" dog put to sleep if it ever bit them...or maybe even sue you for a dog bite.  *sigh* we won't get into how different things are these days compared to the old days...not today anyway.  
  
 
 

 
 
 
Remember this guy at the top of the Good Year ad.  We are going to meet his dream girl later.
 

 
And there were always ads for clothes patterns. 
 

 
I would TOTALLY wear this dress around the house (below) if only I had the figure I did back when I was a young, thin, twenty-year-old.
 
 
This is a neat page.  How to can peas and keep your wash clean, white, and RIN-SO Bright!
 
 




And remember our fellow from the Good Year ad?  Here is his gal. 
 

 
 
 
This is such a great idea for faded Draperies!
 

Even though mine isn't very big, I am glad I have a pantry...now if I could just learn how to can I'd be on a roll!
 

 


 
There are always many articles and ads about canning in these old farm magazines.
 
 
And one can never forget to clean the milk/cream separator.  What a chore!
 
 
Love her dress!  She seems pretty happy to be feeding the chickens.
 
 
And here is a picture of Gregory Peck because who doesn't want a picture of Gregory Peck.
 
 
I leave you with this odd find.  I was just saying the other day I wanted a picture of a dinosaur pouring DDT into a bucket of water. 
(didn't they outlaw this stuff!?)
 
 
 There were so many good ads and interesting articles in this magazine! 
I hope you enjoyed today's post.  Until another time, have a happy VINTAGE day!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete