Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Embroidered Squirrels

After getting my embroidery floss organized and in it's new case I was ready to start stitching.  This is the latest project, a squirrel dish towel using Aunt Martha Pattern #3750 "Sassy Squirrels".

For the squirrel on the left, I used two strands of DMC 318.  I wanted the squirrel on the right to be a wee bit darker so I used one strand of DMC 318 and one strand of DMC 646.
Picking colors for the leaves was lots of fun...colors include DMC 728, 729, 783, 435 and 3853.  The leaves were very detailed with many little twists and turns, therefore, I used a split stitch.  It seemed to work well. 

Now it's onto another project!  
Until another time,  Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Love the squirrels, your stitching looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete