Friday, June 14, 2013

Johnson's Glo-Coat Can

My aunt and uncle stopped by for a quick visit the other night and surprised me with this!
WOW!  Thanks guys!  I've been wanting one of these for a very long time because Johnson's Wax sponsored my favorite radio show, Fibber McGee and Molly.  I mentioned this to my uncle a couple of years ago and he remembered.  It's in very good shape too with no rustiness or dents and I love that it says "Made in the U.S.A." right on the side.  I also love it's little red plastic cap.  Uncle Stan says it might be Bakelite!  Cool.

 
I came across this Glo-Coat ad in one of my vintage magazines.  This one is from a 1951 Woman's Day.
And here is one of my all-time favorite Fibber McGee and Molly shows, "Fibber Needs Glasses".  Take a listen if you'd like.

Until Later...Have a Happy, Glo-Coat Shine of a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment