Friday, March 28, 2014

Dyed Yarn Placemat

Back in July of 2012, darling daughter and I dyed some white Sugar-n-Cream brand yarn.  It was such a fun project and we were very excited about how the cute little balls of pastel colored yarn turned out.
 
 
Since then, the little balls of yarn have been living inside this large, glass, pickle jar just waiting to be used for something....but what?
 
Well, the other day I saw a colorful place mat in a store and it dawned on me...I can make my OWN colorful place mat for spring decorating with our little balls of yarn!
 
So I grabbed my Grandma's old crochet hook and set to work.
 
 
Well, the finished project is pretty crooked on one side (I'm not very good at crochet), but I think the colors are kind of pretty.


If you would like to see the blog post about the yarn dying that we did, click HERE, and
as always, have a happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment