Monday, May 19, 2014

New 1930's Quilt Blocks

My husband surprised me with this set of 10" 1930's reproduction fabrics from Keepsake Quilting for Mother's Day this year!  Awhile back I had hinted to him that they might make a great birthday gift, so I was surprised when he ordered them for Mom's Day!
 
I was reminded of what it was like when I was a kid, coming home from a night of trick-or-treating.  I can remember dumping all of my candy out, sorting them by type and color, and just looking at all of their candy goodness.  Well, opening these fabrics was a lot like that, minus the tummy ache after!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
The chicken one is especially cute, and I also have a fat quarter of the chickens on pink fabric.  I also like the baby ducks (or chicks) in green and blue. 
 
By doing some math, and laying out my petal template, I figured out I can cut 8 petals and have a 2.5 inch strip left over for some squares!
The lines are kind of hard to see and the lighting was weird, but you can see how I laid out the petals.
 
 
Sorting through these was such a fun time!  And I've been working very hard on my quilt lately!  I'm hoping to have it finished by next May, but we'll see. (It's good to have goals! haha!)
 
Until another time, have a happy, stitching day! 

1 comment:

  1. The fabrics are lovely! Have fun in your Dresden Quilt journey!

    ReplyDelete