Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Vintage Butter Churn Jar

When someone offers me a vintage item (especially for nothing) I always try to find room for it.  It reminds me of that saying, "There's always room for JELL-O"...well, there's always room for one more little jar, tin or bowl on my shelves.
 
A couple of weeks ago my father-in-law dropped by with this amazing find. Thank you Poppa Terry!!  His neighbor was cleaning out the garage and didn't want it, and she wanted it to go to a good home.
 

Isn't it a beauty?!!
It's a bit rusty in places and a paddle is missing from the churn, but I still love it!

 


I cleaned out the 4 quart jar with soap and water and dusted the metal parts with a damp cloth.
And here it is all cleaned up and displayed on my counter top.

 
 That's all for now!  Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment