Monday, May 14, 2012

Celebrating Children's Book Week, Rround 2

Here is a continuation of my list of favorite children's picture books, in no particular order.  I would've had them up sooner but wasn't able to load pictures last Friday.
Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen and illustrated by Kevin Hawkes.  This book has wonderful characters in it, and such a nice lion.
No Jumping On the Bed! by Tedd Arnold is another book I collected during my high school years.  And, I got to meet Tedd Arnold my senior year but more about that another time.  I should totally create a Tedd Arnold page!
Cute story about a stray dog that is taken in by a Taxi Driver and they become best pals.  Great illustrations by Mark Buehner and fun rhyming text by Debra and Sal Barracca.  There are sequels to the book, but this one is my favorite.

This isn't really a picture book, but is more of an easy chapter book with pictures.  The stories revolve around the Meadow family and their farm at Blue Hill.  There is a story for each of the four seasons of the year.  I love Cynthia Rylant's books for younger children (including the Cobblestreet Cousins and Poppleton Books) but I think this one is my favorite.

The My First Little House Books are wonderful!  They are a great way to introduce little ones to the world of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  The illustrations by Doris Ettlinger and Renée Graef (depending on the book) are so entertaining and each one helps to tell Laura's story.    
That's all for today!
Have a Happy Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment