Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Flea Market Finds

Found these cute little blue bird salt and pepper shakers at the Flea.  I thought maybe they were Lefton, but are not.  But they are similar and are a cute addition to my window sill for now.
Back in April, I went to the Flea with my parents, and I saw an antique card table that was somewhat unique because it could be folded by sliding the legs back.  It was a bit more than I like to spend at the flea, but the table itself was a great deal because they are found online for much more than what this seller was asking.  I passed it up but regretted it the very next day.  I figured it would be bought by someone else and that it just wasn't meant to be.  But that silly table stayed on my mind for TWO whole weeks.  I thought of all the ways I could use it, and what a unique table it was.

So this past weekend I went to the flea and saw that it was still there!  I had my father inspect it as he is a carpenter, and he said it was in good condition.  So now I am the proud owner of an antique card table.  Why that makes me so happy, I don't know, but it does.
Back of table.  The legs fold up.

The pattern on the top is printed in a needlepoint fashion.  When the sun shines on the surface, it shows it's flaws and where the image is beginning to wear and fade.
A vintage tablecloth covers and protects the table from our wild games of Yahtzee.
A closer look at the embroidery on the vintage table cloth.  Those are bullion stitches that make up the little roses.
Now Autumn and I love have a place to play our vintage Yahtzee game on lazy Sunday afternoons.  She's a Yahtzee shark and kicked my behind twice!  She's not as good as Grandma Holly though, with her 3 yahtzees in one game.
Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment