Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Vintage Ads Wednesday

I'm going to try something new for my blog.  I'm going to try and do a Vintage Ads Wednesday!
Today's Ads come from my July 1950 Women's Day.

Only 5 cents!

Apparently there was Hi-C "Orange-Ade" back in 1950.  I find it funny that the caption says "Children Love its fresh orange TANG you will too!"  Later....there actually became a drink called "Tang". 
This clipping was a really long and skinny ad, so I photographed it in two parts. 

Clorox...great for laundry.  Love that the baby is there in a playpen. 
...And great for disinfecting!  She's wearing an adorable apron tied around her nauseatingly skinny little waist.

77 treats from one mix!  This is a very colorful ad for Swift'ning shortening.
 

 
One of the things I love about vintage advertising is the use of little characters, usually in an illustrated or cartoon form.  Like the woman below knocking out tough grease and residue on her kitchen pans. 
And after all of that baking and cooking, you can scrub your pans to a beautiful shine with Brillo Soap Pads! 
 
That's all for today!  Have a Happy Vintage Wednesday!


1 comment: