Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Puppy Dog Embroidery

This will be a short post today, but I just have to show you all this cute fabric I found in the fat quarter bin at Hobby Lobby!   
The fabric has little springer spaniel puppies on it along with his little ducky friend.  (At least I think they are Springer Spaniels).
Now, I'm not a dog person, but I thought this little snippet of fabric was pretty cute.  And I knew that with the help of one of my Aunt Martha, iron-on, dog patterns, I could come up with a tea towel.

After I had already colored him with crayons, I discovered that some embroiderers are using special art pencils on their embroidery.  Within the next few weeks here, I will have to do some testing with my Prismacolors to see how they take to cloth and to multiple washings in the laundry.  Crayons tend to wash out of fabric easily and don't have the look of smoothness that pencils give.
Until then, Have a happy, stitching day!

2 comments:

  1. I have a Spaniel and love you pretty fabric. I have made a cushion with an embroidered outline of my Son's Weimaraner dog on it but not attempted to embroider our Spaniel yet. I look forward to seeing your finished tea towel. Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marion! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete