Friday, August 7, 2015

Antique Embroidery Patterns

Wow!  While helping my mother prepare for a garage sale, I stumbled upon a grocery bag full of antique embroidery patterns she had recently bought at (you guessed it) a garage sale.
 
Into my car and down the road to my house they went. (Don't worry, I didn't steal them, I'm only borrowing them).  Each one has been carefully unfolded, laid out on my vintage table and photographed.  Most of them are uncut and on large sheets of paper, so I'm not sure how I am going to scan them.  There are so many that I won't be able to scan them all.  I've picked out a few of my favorites and will spend some time this month scanning them into the computer so that they can be printed and used.
 
 
This is my favorite pattern! 
 

 
 
 
 
This one, I will do my best to scan....and embroider!
 
That's all for today!  Until another time, have a happy stitching day!

No comments:

Post a Comment