Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hellmann's Mayonnaise Jar

A couple Saturdays ago, I stopped into Vintage City just because I hadn't been in there for awhile and it's always fun to find something little for my collection, and talk to the owners.
 
One of the first things I saw as I walked in was this cute little jar.  It spoke to me because of it's oval sides and cute blue lid.  I have a soft spot for jars, especially ones with neat little lids, labels, or graphics.

 
After I got home, I placed the jar on my shelf and went on with my week.
On Monday evening I grabbed one of my vintage magazines to glance through, and I saw this ad on the very last page.  Something looked familiar!
 
 
My cute little jar!
 
 
It was a Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise Jar!
 
 
I'm so tickled!  And I wasn't even looking for the ad, it just appeared!
 
 
The Hellmann's ad is in a 1943 McCall's, and from that connection, I could deduce that my little jar is from the early 1940s as well.
 
 
That's all for today.  Until another time, have a happy vintage day!

No comments:

Post a Comment