Friday, August 28, 2015

Violet Vintage of Fargo

Waaaaaay back in June, while we were on vacation, we peeked into an adorable vintage clothing and accessory store in downtown Fargo called Violet Vintage.  It took us awhile to find it as it is no longer located in the Black Building on Broadway. 
It has moved to this cute little shop at  1-1/2 S 8th St.
Violet Vintage looks very small on the outside but don't let that fool you.  While the store building is quite narrow looking it is also quite LONG. 
 
 
The store building itself has oodles of vintage character and I wish I had taken a photograph of the inside!  If I remember correctly, it had hardwood floors, original high ceilings and an old heater/fan hanging from the ceiling.  I got the vibe that it could have been, at one time, a little candy store or a little bakery (I mean what else could be in a store so small?)  Or maybe a haberdashery or barber shop?  Who knows, but it is fun to think about its past history.  If only walls really could talk. 
 
The lady working there was super friendly!  She let us browse in peace, but was always close by if we needed help.  
There were racks and racks of vintage clothing, unfortunately, I found nothing that I really loved that was in my size. There were many vintage purses, gloves, necklaces, earrings, and SHOES.  They had actual, vintage shoes!  I didn't buy any shoes, but I did purchase this cute little navy blue purse and some enamel earrings.
 
 
 
The little enamel, daisy, clip earrings are a favorite of mine, and even though I don't have an outfit to accompany them, you can never go wrong with red, white, and blue.
 

And I carried it all home in this cute little bag with filled with violet colored tissue paper.
 
 
All in all, Violet's Vintage was a fun little store and I can't wait to visit there again!
 
That's all for today, but until another time, have a happy vintage day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment