Monday, August 24, 2015

The All Electric Kitchen

Today I stumbled upon another fun 1952 movie created by Edison Electric Institute to promote all of their wonderful new electric appliances. It's actually more like the 1950s form of an infomercial.
The show is pert-near a half hour.  If you watch it you'll get your daily allowance of corn...the dialogue is pretty lame, but I like kitchy, corny things from the early 50s so I look past that and drink in the set designs and clothing. 
The girl's black and white checkered dress is ADORABLE!  And I love the saddle shoes she wears at the beginning.  The house is modern for the 1950s.  The family even has a dishwasher.  I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the stove.  It had a built in pot in which the mother was cooking stew.  I looked up "stove with built-in pot" on line and found one...a Kelvinator.  (Sorry I don't know who the picture is from and it's not the greatest quality.)


Any way, on with the "show".
 

That's all for today.  Until another time, have a happy vintage day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment