Friday, March 9, 2012

Yellow Canisters

I have canisters on my vintage brain this week.  So, I thought as long as I've been thinking about canisters I'd share the ones I got in June of 2009 at a garage sale in Williston.  The sale was behind a big, beautiful house most likely built in the 1900's or 1910's.
I was surprised that they only wanted 4$ for the whole set!  Score!  I was excited to find yellow canisters because I eventually want a buttercream yellow kitchen (*ahem* with white cabinets).
These "Nasturtium" canisters are in good condition with the outside (largest) one being just a bit more faded than the others.  I store some of my favorite vintage linens, tea towels, tablecloths, etc in them and they live above my cupboards.  I wish I knew what decade they were from.  I'm guessing late 40's but I just don't know for sure.

 "Farmwife at Midlife" http://farmwifeatmidlife.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-makes-it-cottage-random-flowers.html  has canisters, a match holder and breadbox done in the same pattern but red and she thinks they are also from the 40's.  The breadbox is so cool!

Isn't this neat!  I found this cake carrier on Etsy, but it had already been sold.  I have no room for something as big as this, but it sure is fun to look at!

And check THIS out!!  http://kettlekornerkottage.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-addition.html  Kettle Korner has the whole set in yellow!

Photo from Kettle Korner Kottage.  She's got a Hoosier cabinet also!  Oh, Kettle Kottage, you lucky, lucky lady!
Fun, fun, fun!  Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment