Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bomb Girls

           

Those of you who know me fairly well, know that I don't watch a lot of television.  There are only two or three shows I follow on a regular basis...The Mentalist, Army Wives and Last Man Standing.  To be honest, I just don't have time with my job during the day, then crafting and blogging in the evenings.  But I must add another show to my line up because it is the bomb! (no pun intended).  It's a show called Bomb Girls and it is set in Canada at the beginning of WWII.  America is not involved quite yet so I'm guessing the year is 1941.  The "bomb girls" work at a bomb factory called Victory Munitions. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_Girls

I'm so glad someone decided to create a show set in my favorite decade, the 40s!!  (because enough of the 60s already)  And it is so well done!  After only the first show I was hooked...hooked on the characters that draw you in whether you like them or not.  Hooked on the fantastic costumes, makeup and  hairstyles!  There are dance hall scenes, with fabulous dancing, and scenes that show the 1940s decor of the characters' homes.  I especially love Lorna Corbett's (played by Meg Tilly) kitchen!

If you love the 40s and the history of WWII mixed in with a little drama you will love this show.  It reminds me a teensy bit of the movie Swing Shift with Goldie Hawn.
Check it out Tuesday nights on the REELZ channel!

PS  Not sure I would recommend this show for kids under 12 or 13.  To be honest I'm not sure of the show's actual rating, but there a couple of accident scenes that are a bit...well lets just say they stick with ya for awhile and it's nothing I'd want my daughter to be mulling over in her mind.  But it's still a great show!

Until tomorrow,
Have a Happy, Vintage Day

No comments:

Post a Comment