Monday, September 24, 2012

Flea Market Finds

This past Saturday was the first flea market of the new season here in town and I was there with bells on! (what does that mean anyway?)  My parents cruised around the tables with us and we always have such a great time finding little treasures.
This weekend I was lucky enough to find a few things and even something that will be wrapped up to be put under the Christmas tree for me later this year!

Four McCalls magazines from 1943 which I absolutly LOVE (loved their price tag as well ;)  Also, a Ladies Home Journal from 1947.  Some 78 records of Arthur Godfrey and friends singing Christmas carols and a small tea towel with bluish colored flowers and berries (has a couple of holes, but still cute for display).  But one of my favorite finds was the 1950s Androck Hand-i-sift flour sifter that I've had on my wish list for the past 3 or 4 years.  Never dreamed I'd find one in such good condition for such a great price. (Under the Christmas tree it will go come December).  And some little chalk fruits that I think will work nicely with the blue kitchen walls in our 1940s kitchen.

Not a bad weekend! It's always so fun to find special things that "speak to you" at the flea!

Until tomorrow,
Have a Happy, Vintage Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment