Here is how I did it.
|I used flour sack dish towels. I started by cutting them in half.|
|Then I folded the sides in just a bit to form the top ruffle of my valances.|
|Then I added a 3 inch red ruffle to the bottom of each valance and a 1 inch stripe of fabric at the top. It's hard to explain exactly what I did so I'll just show you the end results.|
|This is how the valance turned out. I'd like to do one more for the top to make it just a little fuller. I'm a beginning sewer, so they are not perfect. I'm in the process of making cafe style curtains for the rod across the middle.|
|Here was my first attempt at cafe style curtains. They were not wide enough, so I've started over. When I get a little further along on them, I will post them.|