Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Garage Sale Weekend Finds

This past weekend was our city wide garage sale weekend.  Because the weather was misty and chilly, we only visited a few sales.
We did find a few treasures though....some books, a game and a tube of rubber sea creatures for the daycare kids.  I also found some flowery, fat quarter fabrics, and a strainer (great for sandboxes).

Here is one of my favorite finds and all because of the very first page!  The cover is gone, but the title page is so cute I just might have to put it into a small frame.
Also found was this vintage coloring book of nursery rhymes!  Many of the adorable pictures inside are un-colored and I think they would make cute embroidery images.  We'll see :)
 
 
Those were just a couple of my favorites.
 
It's been raining here now for a couple of days and is not scheduled to let up until tomorrow.
It seems like the snow just melted not more than three weeks ago and we were able to get out for some fresh air, but now, we are kept in once again.  Autumn and I have plants and flowers all over the house waiting to be planted outside.  Hopefully we'll be able to get them into the ground soon.
I do like the coziness of rain though, especially if I don't have to go out into it.  Tomorrow will be a good day to break out the play-doh, some good storybooks, and build a tent for the kids.  For now, a nice quiet evening of embroidering.

Until tomorrow, stay dry and have a happy vintage day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment