Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New York City-Highlights

We are back from our New York City trip and we had such a good time! NYC is amazing city with so much to see and do.  There is no way I will be able to talk about it all in a single post, but I will start and see where we end up.
While there, I took over 1200 pictures. Having just gotten back on Monday, I haven't had time to go through all of them.
To be honest, trying to talk about all of the things we did would take a very long time and as I look through the photos it all seems very overwhelming.  Like taking on a HUGE scrapbook project and not really knowing where to start.  Do I put it together chronologically, or just show the "main sights"? 
So today I will pick out a few of my favorites to share with you.  They are in no particular order but I just wanted to give everyone a glimpse at the city.

This is what a typical side-street neighborhood or residential street looked like near our Hotel Beacon.  The brick houses and apartments had much character with stone carvings and wrought iron fencing and stairways.

I think this was Washington Square Park.  It felt like a very "artsy" park where street musicians played.  Some people were dancing, or reading.  Some were just mingling with friends. 

One of my favorite photos!  This one was taken by my husband.  He only took about 10 pictures and wouldn't you know, the best photo of the whole vacation was one he took!  Haha.  It's a little wavy because it was taken through a bus window, but it's a great example of a busy NYC street.
This is Rockefeller Center where we went all the way up to the very tippy-top..."Top of the Rock".

The view from the Top of the Rock
Beautiful jewels from Tiffany and Co.  This headband is from the movie The Great Gatsby.

The view from the Staten Island Ferry

There were flowers blooming everywhere!


That will have to be all for today.  A few more to come!!  Until then, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment