Thursday, October 16, 2014

Woman's World Magazine 1935

Also found in the little antique shop in Williston (way back in September) were these two Woman's World Magazines from 1935!  You know how I am about vintage magazines, I couldn't pass them up.  AND as an extra bonus, they were owned by a lady from my hometown area of Epping, Esther Long.  I can't find any information about Esther Long, but give me time.
 
 
I think the covers are adorable, especially the second one.  (Notice the dog is eating the little girl's lunch).
 
 
These magazines are full of short stories like the one below.

 
And small/tall advertisements like this one.
 
 
Most pages (in fact I think all pages) are black and white except for the front and back covers.
And there are sections of clothes patterns one could order!
 
 
They are neat little magazines and remind me much of the Needlework magazines of around the same time period.
 
Well, that's all for today.  Until another time, have a happy vintage day!

No comments:

Post a Comment