Monday, December 7, 2015

Vintage Christmas Tree

This year, I decided to put my little vintage tree on top of the large dresser in our bedroom.  Thanksgiving night I set up and carefully decorated my little tree.
 

 
 
 
My little Walton's house tree ornament sits under the tree.  It plays the Walton's TV show theme song.  I was a little disappointed because the ornament was advertised online as having a recording of the characters saying "goodnight" to each other (along with the song).  When I got it home, it only played the theme song.  I think there might've been some copyright issues with the "goodnights" or maybe the recorder couldn't hold so much information...I don't know.  But I still love it!
 
 
The dime store manger scene (below) is one that I found at the flea or a rummage sale.  It's very "late 50s" with all of it's glitter. 
 
 
 
When I was a little girl, my Grandmother used glue, glitter and A+ grade in penmanship and made everyone their own, personalized Christmas ball.  Earlier this summer, I found mine at my folks' house and brought it home to live with my vintage ornaments.
 
 
Well, that's all for today.  Until another time, have a happy, holly-jolly day!


No comments:

Post a Comment