Friday, April 4, 2014

Cookie Baking Weekend

Big baking plans are brewing at my house.  This weekend the kitchen will turn into a bakery as I try to make 4 dozen egg shaped sugar cookies for my daughter's choir group.
 
I've got my sugar, butter and eggs.  Plus, you can't forget the vanilla!
Here is a fun little advertisement for McCormick Vanilla I saw floating around on Facebook a few weeks ago.
 
 
And we'll need some food coloring for the powdered sugar frosting of course.  (Actually, for my cookies I've switched to the Wilton frosting tints that we bought when we decided to dye white yarn.)  But we still use food coloring for lots of different things!


Next stop...the local craft store for Meringue Powder.  I've never used royal icing before and am looking forward to giving it a try. 
 
The recipe I found says I'll need...
3 tablespoons Meringue Powder
4 cups confectioners' sugar
6 tablespoons warm water.
This recipe makes 3 cups of icing.
I am going to flavor my icing with vanilla and tint it with the Wilton brand of frosting tints.
 
I'm really hoping they turn out.  I'll keep you posted!
 
Until another time, have a happy, baking day!

No comments:

Post a Comment