Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vintage Ad Wednesday

Today I thought I'd post some advertisements from my 1948 Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  This magazine was a Christmas gift from my Uncle Stan.
These are the days I wished my scanner worked!  This baby is full of great ads!  It's one of my top 3 favorite vintage magazines.
 
To start off, we have a 1948 ad for Crisco.  It's the shortening I use. 
 
 
Canned Cling Peaches
 
 
The little Peach Creature is kinda cute.  Many ads seem to feature an anthropomorphic creature of some sorts.  Here are a few more.
 


 
 
I know Mr. Peanut is somewhat collectible, but to me, he's just a bit creepy.  I think my Dad (or Grandpa) had a Mr. Peanut mechanical pencil when I was a kid.  Apparently, you can still buy them on Ebay for around $15.00.
That reminds me, I had a pen top once that had liquid in it and a little green tractor would drive through a field when you tipped the pen a certain way.  I think that is cool, but would be distracting while writing a check. 
 
Here's an ad for V-8...helping clever moms sneak vegetables into their children's diets since 1933. 
 
 
Next up is an ad for Swan garden hoses.  I especially like the house (no surprise there).
 
 
I like the house so much, I took a close up of it.
 
 
Coca-Cola Ads are a favorite!  And I really like vintage gas station stuff, so this one is double nifty!
 
 
Bon Ami is another favorite!

 
Well, there are many more ads from this magazine, and I will eventually try to share them all.  Every time I turned the page there was another great, colorful layout to shoot!  But I do want to try and scan some of them soon.  So, until another time, have a happy vintage day.
 

1 comment:

  1. That was great. I love to collect old magazines and I think that the old Better Homes and Gardens are the best. They have such great ideas. I enjoy the old ads, too.
    The bad thing about scanning the is having to lay them flat and taking a chance of having the pages come undone.

    ReplyDelete