Thursday, April 17, 2014

Vintage Kitchen Love 2

Today's kitchen is once again from Youngstown Kitchens and features a very twerpy teenaged boy.  The little corner shelves next to the kitchen window are very cute, and I've seen them in many older kitchens.  But, I can't say that I care for the green gingham around the window. 
 

Notice the girl doing dishes has a water sprayer.  My sink doesn't have one of those and I wish that it did.  If I was the brother, I'd think twice about snapping her with that towel when she's got control of the sprayer.  Reminds me of a story my dad once told me about his mom teaching him a hard lesson about spraying someone with a hose.  I believe it all started outside with a garden hose, but ended with him having to clean up a very wet kitchen haha!
 
That's all for now!  Have a happy vintage day!

1 comment:

  1. LOL about your dad!!

    I think that those metal cabinets would be great to have when they were new. I liked the one I had in my little duplex but I have seen some that would end up rusty. Back in the late 80's my best friend had them in her farm kitchen. She hated them and had them all tore out. They were so cool. I wish I had them. My cabinets are just fine, but those old metal ones scream vintage.

    ReplyDelete