Thursday, July 24, 2014

Home From Mini-Vacation

Our mini-vacation was lots of fun.  We enjoyed riding a Ferris wheel in Scheels, and the carousel at the Red River Zoo.  We had a little shopping time, and eating time too at Texas Roadhouse (best service we've had in a long time), Red Lobster (Mmm, cheddar biscuits), and IHOP, which I enjoyed very much (blueberry pancakes!)
 
First up is Ruby the Ferris Wheel.  Ruby was first purchased in 1938, and in 2006 was delivered to the Scheels in Fargo.
 
And here is the carousel at the Red River Zoo.
 
 
I liked that they played "old-time" as you whirled around...songs such as "Let Me Call You Sweetheart".
 
 
I found out I really like Armadillos.  They aren't too cuddly looking, but they sure are cute!
 
 
Here is the beautiful, glass mural at the Red River Zoo.
 
 
 
The Red Pandas were a favorite of many!
 
 
One of my favorite places to shop was Rae Bon Quilt shop.  The staff was super friendly and they had a great selection on 1930s reproduction fabrics!


This is just the sweetest little quilt block!  But I have no idea what it is called!

 
And here are the fat quarters I purchased to add to my stash.  I was SO excited to find all of these wonderful patterns!!  (A couple of the striped ones are Autumn's).
 
 
In the end, I spread out all of our souvenirs and purchases to remember our trip by. 
We were able to stop at one Antique Shop where I picked up a 1950 Better Homes, and Anchor tea towel, and a vintage anniversary card.  I picked up quite a few things for the daycare this trip including a neat-o water table (not shown) that can be used indoors!
 
 
That's all for today, until another time, have a happy vintage day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment