Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Opinions

So I was looking through some old Micro-word documents and came across this one that I wrote way back in April.  I was going to post it as a note on FB but must've chickened out.  I couldn't tell you today what it was that set me to writing this, but some of it makes a lot of sense.  And now knowing what kind of a summer many of us had in 2011....well, some of it seems applicable especially #5 (that's just plain spooky).   



April 30, 2011
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about life and here’s what I think. I'm zippin' up my flame suit because I'm sure some of my thoughts might rub some of you the wrong way, but keep in mind this is just my opinion J
 
Sometimes I think…

1 We should stop looking for loop-holes. If it’s wrong, it’s wrong. Period.

2 We should stop blaming others, when there is no one to blame. Sometimes sh*t happens and it’s no one’s fault.

3 On the other hand, sometimes there is someone to blame and those to blame should step up and take the criticism and learn their lesson.

4 Sometimes we have to get back to basics and to what is real.
---Even though they may be entertaining, new-fangled solutions, full of bells and whistles, are not always the answer.

5 In order to move forward, we may have to tear down what we have built up. Then we can find what is central and important and build again on that solid foundation.

6 Money does not buy happiness.

7 Society would be better off if we were all a bit more frugal.
---Do we really need all the latest and greatest toys? I find it interesting and sad that people go into debt buying lake cabins, boats, campers, etc. so they can achieve “quality time with the family”. If we spent more quality time with our families everyday, eating supper together, taking walks, gardening, etc. we wouldn’t need the extra stuff for just the weekends. It’s a cycle that needs to be broken.

8 Children don’t need to be given everything they want.
AND
Parents shouldn’t feel guilty about not giving them what they want, when they want it.

9 On that note…God is like a parent, we do not always get what we want when we want it.

10 We need to get back to a time when a woman could chooseto stay home with her children.
---90% of my daycare moms say they would rather stay home, but can’t afford it. (Notice I said choose).

11 We need to become more humble.

12 Life is not fair, learn to deal with it.  There will always be someone you know that has a bigger house, a nicer car, and more money AND who works less than you do to have all of the above (how the hell does that happen?!).  The grass is always going to look greener someplace else.  BUT you have to remember it could always be worse.  We need to be happy with what we HAVE because it could be taken away from us at anytime. 

13 A person’s worth shouldn’t be measured by their salary! Money shouldn’t be what’s most important and we shouldn’t always talk about how much things cost, or how much a person makes.

So, there are my sassy opinions in black and white and lightening hasn't stuck me yet.  I don't have the foggiest idea what I was upset about.  Maybe I was just reminding myself that life isn't always perfect.  Either way it was kinda interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment